Board Meeting: November 29, 2021 ~9:00 A.M.
PERSONS PRESENT: Gary Winchester, Lisa Woodruff, Nancy Martin, Barry Mansell, Becky Dabbs, David Kubala, Dwayne Fowler, Tom Roach, Wesley Banks, Corey Ghorley, Beth Jones, Clint Blackwell, Jennifer Arp, Greg Long, Garry Hensley, Joey Buice, Mark Cochran, Gaye Blackwell, Mike Venters, Eric Wright, Rodney Satterfield, Keith Allen, Melanie Stephens, Ryan Sarks, and Jeff Hooper.
Members Eric Wilmarth and Harry Johnston were not present.
Gary Winchester, Chair, called the meeting to order.
1. AN INVOCATION WAS GIVEN BY NANCY MARTIN, FOLLOWED BY THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
2. COREY GHORLEY REQUESTED APPROVAL OF CHANGE ORDER 001 FROM GEO-HYDRO ENGINEERS, INC. FOR THE BLANKETS CREEK CAPACITY EXPANSION PROJECT. Mr. Ghorley noted that the change order is an increase in the amount of $2,184.25 for testing of rock anchor installation and concrete testing services. Mr. Ghorley noted a contract amount prior to this change order of $9,900.90, and a revised contract amount of $12,085.15.
MOTION BY NANCY MARTIN AND SECOND BY LISA WOODRUFF TO APPROVE CHANGE ORDER 001 FROM GEO-HYDRO ENGINEERS, INC. IN THE AMOUNT OF $2,184.25 FOR THE BLANKETS CREEK CAPACITY EXPANSION PROJECT. All members present voted for the motion.
3. MOTION BY LISA WOODRUFF AND SECOND BY BARRY MANSELL TO APPROVE THE UPDATED 2022 CIP/FUTURE PROJECTS LISTING AS PRESENTED (ATTACHED). All members present voted for the motion.
4. DWAYNE FOWLER REPORTED THAT THE AUTHORITY IS IN RECEIPT OF A PETITION FOR EXTENSION OF WATER MAIN FROM TEN RESIDENTS OF GREEN DRIVE. Mr. Fowler noted that the proposed line extension is from 1018 Green Drive to the end of the County’s right-of-way. The total footage of the extension is approximately 2,830 feet, and the estimated line size is 3” PVC. The estimated task cost of the line is $16,980.00. Mr. Fowler noted that the Authority would realize tap fees in the approximate amount of $17,500.00 from this scope of work.
MOTION BY NANCY MARTIN AND SECOND BY LISA WOODRUFF TO APPROVE THE INSTALLATION OF APPROXIMATELY 2,830 FEET OF 3” WATER MAIN FOR THE GREEN DRIVE AREA AT AN APPROXIMATE COST TO THE AUTHORITY OF $16,980.00. All members present voted for the motion.
5. MOTION BY LISA WOODRUFF AND SECOND BY BARRY MANSELL TO TABLE THE METROPOLITAN N ORTH GEORGIA WATER PLANNING DISTRICT ACTION ITEM UPDATE UNTIL NEXT MONTH’S MEETING. All members present voted for the motion.
6. MOTION BY BARRY MANSELL AND SECOND BY NANCY MARTIN TO APPROVE THE 10/25/21 BOARD MEETING MINUTES AS PRESENTED. All members present voted for the motion.
7. BETH JONES PRESENTED THE FINANCE REPORT. Mrs. Jones reported that total operating revenues are approximately $146,673.00 below budget projections for the period ending 9/30/21. Mrs. Jones reported that total operating expenses are approximately $396,844.00 below budget projections for the same period. Mrs. Jones reported year-to-date net income of $743,065.00 for the period ending 9/30/21.
8. CLINT BLACKWELL PRESENTED THE WATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Blackwell reported an average daily treatment of 17.841 MGD for the month of October 2021 at the Etowah River Water Treatment Facility. Mr. Blackwell reported that the Hollis Q. Lathem Reservoir is currently at full pool at 1189.2 ft. Mr. Blackwell reported a cumulative rainfall total of 59.77” for the past twelve months.
9. MIKE VENTERS PRESENTED THE WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Venters reported an average daily treatment of 2.5 MGD at the Rose Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, as well as a total reuse monthly flow of 1.9 MG. Mr. Venters reported an average daily treatment of 5.3 MGD at the Fitzgerald Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, and an average daily treatment of 0.270 MGD at the Riverbend Wastewater Treatment Facility.
10. JENNIFER ARP PRESENTED THE ENVIRONMENTAL REPORT. Mrs. Arp noted that one spill occurred during this reporting period at Transart Parkway. Mrs. Arp noted that approximately 13,900 gallons were spilled due to a contractor hitting the force main. Mrs. Arp stated that Authority crews banded the line to correct the problem.
11. DWAYNE FOWLER PRESENTED THE CONSTRUCTION REPORT.
12. THERE WAS NO GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT PRESENTED IN THE ABSENCE OF TOM HEARD.
13. MOTION BY LISA WOODRUFF AND SECOND BY NANCY MARTIN TO ADJOURN. All members present voted for the motion.