Board Meeting: February 28, 2022 ~4:00 P.M.
PERSONS PRESENT: Gary Winchester, Eric Wilmarth, Harry Johnston, Nancy Martin, Barry Mansell, Becky Dabbs, Tom Heard, David Kubala, Dwayne Fowler, Darrell Caudill, Wesley Banks, Clint Blackwell, Jamie Veley, Beth Jones, Mark Cochran, Jennifer Arp, Corey Ghorley, Keith Allen, Garry Hensley, Joey Buice, Gaye Blackwell, Eric Wright, Ryan Sarks, Greg Long, and Sharon Clark.
Member Lisa Woodruff was not present at the meeting.
Gary Winchester, Chair, called the meeting to order.
1. AN INVOCATION WAS GIVEN BY NANCY MARTIN, FOLLOWED BY THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
2. COREY GHORLEY REQUESTED APPROVAL OF A PROPOSAL FROM FREESE AND NICHOLS IN THE AMOUNT OF $291,882.00 FOR DESIGN AND BIDDING SERVICES FOR THE ROSE CREEK WWTP/UV DISINFECTION SYSTEM PROJECT. Mr. Ghorley noted that this scope of work is listed as Item #11 under Construction Expansion/Upgrade on the Authority’s current CIP list. Mr. Ghorley noted that CCWSA has currently spent $38,632.00 for engineering evaluation funded out of the 2020 annual Engineering Services Contract.
MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY BECKY DABBS TO APPROVE THE PROPOSAL FROM FREESE AND NICHOLS IN THE AMOUNT OF $291,882.00 FOR DESIGN AND BIDDING SERVICES FOR THE ROSE CREEK WWTP/UV DISINFECTION SYSTEM PROJECT. All members present voted for the motion.
3. DWAYNE FOWLER NOTED THAT THE AUTHORITY IS IN RECEIPT OF A PETITION FOR EXTENSION OF WATER MAIN FROM RESIDENTS OF LOWER DOWDA MILL ROAD. Mr. Fowler noted that four people have signed the petition for the line extension on Lower Dowda Mill Road from Soap Creek Road to near Upper Dowda Mill. Mr. Fowler noted an approximate total footage of 3,119 feet for this extension, an estimated task cost of the line of $18,714.00, and a total purchase meter cost of $7,000.00. Mr. Fowler noted there are eleven total properties in the extension area, and eight total properties with road frontage. Mr. Fowler noted an estimated line size of 3” PVC.
Mr. Fowler noted that these petitioners are currently having issues with their wells.
MOTION BY NANCY MARTIN AND SECOND BY ERIC WILMARTH TO APPROVE THE INSTALLATION OF APPROXIMATELY 3,119 FEET OF 3” WATER MAIN FOR THE LOWER DOWDA MILL ROAD AREA AT AN APPROXIMATE COST TO THE AUTHORITY OF $18,714.00. All members present voted for the motion.
4. MOTION BY HARRY JOHNSTON AND SECOND BY ERIC WILMARTH TO APPROVE THE 1/31/22 BOARD MEETING MINUTES AS PRESENTED. All members present voted for the motion.
5. MOTION BY HARRY JOHNSTON AND SECOND BY BECKY DABBS TO APPROVE THE 2/7/22 CALL MEETING MINUTES AS PRESENTED. Members Johnston, Dabbs, and Martin voted for the motion. Members Wilmarth and Mansell abstained from voting. Motion passed.
6. BETH JONES PRESENTED THE FINANCE REPORT. Mrs. Jones reported that total operating revenues are approximately $1,015,884.00 below budget projections for the period ending 12/31/21. Mrs. Jones noted that total operating expenses are approximately $840,565.00 below budget projections for the same period. Mrs. Jones reported year-to-date net income of $1,778,068.00 for the period ending 12/31/21.
7. CLINT BLACKWELL PRESENTED THE WATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Blackwell reported an average daily treatment of 16.178 MGD for the month of January 2022 at the Etowah River Water Treatment Facility. Mr. Blackwell reported that the Hollis Q. Lathem Reservoir is currently at full pool at 1189.2 ft. Mr. Blackwell reported a cumulative rainfall total of 58.50” for the past twelve months.
8. JAMIE VELEY PRESENTED THE WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT IN THE ABSENCE OF MIKE VENTERS. Mr. Veley reported an average daily treatment of 3.2 MGD at the Rose Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, as well as a total reuse monthly flow of 2.0 MG. Mr. Veley reported an average daily treatment of 4.7 MGD at the Fitzgerald Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, and an average daily treatment of 0.305 MGD at the Riverbend Wastewater Treatment Facility.
9. JENNIFER ARP PRESENTED THE ENVIRONMENTAL REPORT. Mrs. Arp noted that no spills or overflows occurred during this reporting period.
10. DWAYNE FOWLER PRESENTED THE CONSTRUCTION REPORT. Mr. Fowler noted that Authority crews are currently working on several County road projects.
11. TOM HEARD PRESENTED THE GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT. Mr. Heard noted that Board policy updates would be included on next month’s agenda.
12. MOTION BY NANCY MARTIN AND SECOND BY BARRY MANSELL TO ENTER INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSION REGARDING A REAL ESTATE ITEM. All members present voted for the motion.
MOTION BY NANCY MARTIN AND SECOND BY BECKY DABBS TO EXIT EXECUTIVE SESSION AND RETURN TO REGULAR SESSION. All members present voted for the motion.
13. MOTION BY BARRY MANSELL AND SECOND BY NANCY MARTIN TO AUTHORIZE TOM HEARD TO NEGOTIATE ON TWO PARCELS OF LAND, DESIGNATED AS 2022-PARCEL ONE AND 2022-PARCEL TWO. MR HEARD WILL REPORT BACK TO THE BOARD CONCERNING THESE NEGOTIATIONS AT A LATER DATE. All members present voted for the motion.
14. MOTION BY NANCY MARTIN AND SECOND BY HARRY JOHNSTON TO ADJOURN. All members present voted for the motion.