Awards from GAWP
The Cherokee County Water and Sewerage Authority (CCWSA) received several awards from the Georgia Association of Water Professionals (GAWP).
Riverbend Complex (Newest wastewater plant)
- Water Reclamation Facility of the year award – Advanced treatment 1 MGD or less.
- Gold Award for complete and consistent NPDES permit compliance.
Etowah Water Treatment Plant
- Best Operated Water Plant of the year – Surface Water 15 MGD to 49.99 MGD.
- Platinum Award for complete and consistent Safe Drinking Water Act permit compliance.
Rose Creek and Fitzgerald Creek
- Both plants received Platinum awards for complete and consistent National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit compliance.