Board Meeting: August 30, 2021 ~ 4:00 P.M.
PERSONS PRESENT: Gary Winchester, Eric Wilmarth, Harry Johnston, Nancy Martin, Barry Mansell, Becky Dabbs, Tom Heard, David Kubala, Dwayne Fowler, Darrell Caudill, Wesley Banks, Beth Jones, Clint Blackwell, Corey Ghorley, Joey Buice, Garry Hensley, Mark Cochran, Melanie Stephens, Gaye Blackwell, Jennifer Arp, Greg Long, Jamie Veley, Ryan Sarks, Eric Wright, Sharon Clark, and Jeff Hooper.
Member Lisa Woodruff was not present at the meeting.
Gary Winchester, Chair, called the meeting to order.
1. AN INVOCATION WAS GIVEN BY ERIC WILMARTH, FOLLOWED BY THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
2. COREY GHORLEY REQUESTED APPROVAL OF CONTRACT AMENDMENT #2 FROM BROWN & CALDWELL ENGINEEERS IN THE AMOUNT OF $1,610.00 FOR MATERIALS TESTING SERVICES FOR THE ODOR CONTROL AT ROSE CREEK PHASE 3 PROJECT. Mr. Ghorley noted this would be an increase in the current contract amount of $250,809.00. Mr. Ghorley noted a revised contract amount of $252,419.00.
MOTION BY BARRY MANSELL AND SECOND BY NANCY MARTIN TO APPROVE CONTRACT AMENDMENT #2 FROM BROWN & CALDWELL ENGINEERS IN THE AMOUNT OF $1,610.00 FOR MATERIALS TESTING SERVICES FOR THE ODOR CONTROL AT ROSE CREEK PHASE 3 PROJECT. All members present voted for the motion.
3. DWAYNE FOWLER REQUESTED APPROVAL TO BID AND SET A CONSTRUCTION BUDGET FOR PI#0014131 FOR THE WIDENING OF SR 20 FROM CR 281/SCOTT ROAD TO CR 762/UNION HILL ROAD. MR. FOWLER NOTED AN ENGINEERING ESTIMATED COST OF $5,257,985.00. Mr. Fowler noted that this amount includes $419,070.00 that was Board approved in February 2021 (Contract Item Agreement).
MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY BECKY DABBS TO APPROVE THE REQUEST TO BID AND SET A CONSTRUCTION BUDGET FOR PI#0014131 FOR THE WIDENING OF SR 20 FROM CR 281/SCOTT ROAD TO CR 762/UNION HILL ROAD IN THE AMOUNT OF $5,257,985.00, WHICH INCLUDES $419,070.00 THAT WAS PREVIOUSLY APPROVED BY THE BOARD AT THE 2/22/21 BOARD MEETING. All members present voted for the motion.
4. MOTION BY BARRY MANSELL AND SECOND BY NANCY MARTIN TO APPROVE THE 7/26/21 BOARD MEETING MINUTES AS AMENDED. All members present voted for the motion.
5. BETH JONES PRESENTED THE FINANCE REPORT. Mrs. Jones reported that total operating revenues are approximately $1,584,066.00 above budget projections for the period ending 6/30/21. Mrs. Jones reported that total operating expenses are approximately $1,519,230.00 below budget projections for the same period. Mrs. Jones reported year-to-date net income of $9,479,043.00 for the period ending 6/30/21.
6. BETH JONES PRESENTED THE PROPOSED BUDGET FOR FISCAL YEAR 2022 (ATTACHED).
MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY BARRY MANSELL TO APPROVE THE PROPOSED BUDGET FOR FISCAL YEAR 2022 AS PRESENTED. All members present voted for the motion.
7. CLINT BLACKWELL PRESENTED THE WATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Blackwell reported an average daily treatment of 19.080 MGD for the month of July 2021 at the Etowah River Water Treatment Facility. Mr. Blackwell noted that the Hollis Q. Lathem Reservoir is currently at full pool at 1189.2 ft., and reported a cumulative rainfall total of 64.53” for the past twelve months.
8. JAMIE VELEY PRESENTED THE WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT IN THE ABSENCE OF MIKE VENTERS. Mr. Veley reported an average daily treatment of 2.6 MGD at the Rose Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, as well as a total reuse monthly flow of 2.2 MG.
Mr. Veley noted that one permit violation occurred at Rose Creek during the month of February 2021 due to the effluent chlorine residual exceeding the daily maximum of .40 residual for one day during transition to new permit limits. A fine in the amount of $400.00 was paid to the EPD for the infraction.
Mr. Veley reported an average daily treatment of 5.3 MGD at the Fitzgerald Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, and an average daily treatment of 0.270 MGD at the Riverbend Wastewater Treatment Facility.
9. JENNIFER ARP PRESENTED THE ENVIRONMENTAL REPORT. Mrs. Arp noted that a wastewater spill occurred during this reporting period at Farmbrook Pass. Mrs. Arp noted that approximately 3,140 gallons were spilled due to flushable wipes. Mrs. Arp noted that Authority crews jetted and cleaned the lines.
10. DWAYNE FOWLER PRESENTED THE CONSTRUCTION REPORT. Mr. Fowler noted that field engineering is currently being conducted on the bridge project off Transart Parkway. Mr. Fowler noted that he will present revised cost estimates at next month’s meeting.
11. ERIC WILMARTH EXITED THE MEETING DUE TO THE NEXT ITEM ON THE AGENDA BEING A REQUEST FROM THE CITY OF BALL GROUND AND MR. WILMARTH’S POSITION AS CITY MANAGER OF THE CITY OF BALL GROUND.
12. TOM HEARD PRESENTED THE GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT. MR. HEARD REFERENCED CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED FROM ERIC WILMARTH, CITY MANAGER OF THE CITY OF BALL GROUND. In the correspondence received from Mr. Wilmarth, Mr. Wilmarth noted that the City of Ball Ground is requesting that CCWSA reserve an additional 60,000 gallons per day of water capacity for wholesale purchase by the City of Ball Ground.
In this correspondence, Mr. Wilmarth further noted that the City requests that the entire 60,000 gallons be allocated to the Leo Taylor Lane meter location on Ball Ground Highway. It is the City’s understanding, under the current rate structure, that the cost of this capacity reservation is $2.50 per gallon or $150,000.00 for the entire request.
MOTION BY NANCY MARTIN AND SECOND BY BECKY DABBS TO APPROVE THE REQUEST OF THE CITY OF BALL GROUND FOR CCWSA TO RESERVE AN ADDITIONAL 60,000 GALLONS PER DAY OF WATER CAPACITY FOR WHOLESALE PURCHASE BY THE CITY OF BALL GROUND AT A COST OF $150,000.00. THE ENTIRE 60,000 GALLONS WILL BE ALLOCATED TO THE LEO TAYLOR LANE METER LOCATION ON BALL GROUND HIGHWAY. All members present voted for the motion.
MOTION BY BARRY MANSELL AND SECOND BY NANCY MARTIN TO ADJOURN. All members present voted for the motion.