Board Meeting: April 25, 2022 ~4:00 P.M
PERSONS PRESENT: Gary Winchester, Eric Wilmarth, Lisa Woodruff, Harry Johnston, Nancy Martin, Barry Mansell, Becky Dabbs, Tom Heard, David Kubala, Dwayne Fowler, Darrell Caudill, Wesley Banks, Corey Ghorley, Clint Blackwell, Mike Venters, Beth Jones, Mark Cochran, Keith Allen, Jennifer Arp, Garry Hensley, Joey Buice, Eric Wright, Ryan Sarks, Melissa Darvish, Melanie Stephens, Jeff Hooper, Gaye Blackwell, Rick Martin, and Ted Collins.
Gary Winchester, Chair, called the meeting to order.
1. AN INVOCATION WAS GIVEN BY BARRY MANSELL, FOLLOWED BY THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
2. COREY GHORLEY REQUESTED APPROVAL OF A PROPOSAL FROM ATKINS NORTH AMERICA FOR DESIGN AND BIDDING SERVICES FOR THE SOUTHWEST CHEROKEE ELEVATED WATER STORAGE TANK IN THE AMOUNT OF $129,014.00. Mr. Ghorley noted that this scope of work is listed as Item #13 under Construction Expansion/Upgrade on the Authority’s current CIP as Water Tank Addition – Tyson Tank Site.
MOTION BY BARRY MANSELL AND SECOND BY NANCY MARTIN TO APPROVE THE PROPOSAL FROM ATKINS NORTH AMERICA FOR DESIGN AND BIDDING SERVICES FOR THE SOUTHWEST CHEROKEE ELEVATED WATER STORAGE TANK IN THE AMOUNT OF $129,014.00. All members voted for the motion.
3. JEFF HOOPER PROVIDED A WATER AND SEWER SPECIFICATION UPDATE.
MOTION BY NANCY MARTIN AND SECOND BY ERIC WILMARTH TO APPROVE THE REVISED WATER AND SEWER SPECIFICATIONS AS PRESENTED. All members voted for the motion.
4. RYAN SARKS REQUESTED APPROVAL OF THE FY 2022 SURPLUS LISTING. Mr. Sarks noted that the items included on this listing would be sold at auction on 5/7/22.
MOTION BY LISA WOODRUFF AND SECOND BY NANCY MARTIN TO APPROVE THE FY 2022 SURPLUS LISTING AS PRESENTED. All members voted for the motion.
5. MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY BARRY MANSELL TO APPROVE THE 3/28/22 BOARD MEETING MINUTES AS PRESENTED. Members Wilmarth, Mansell, Woodruff, Johnston, and Martin voted for the motion. Member Dabbs abstained from voting. Motion passed.
6. BETH JONES PRESENTED THE FINANCE REPORT. Mrs. Jones reported that total operating revenues are approximately $1,017,499.00 above budget projections for the period ending 2/28/22. Mrs. Jones reported that total operating expenses are approximately $1,309,560.00 below budget projections for the same period. Mrs. Jones reported year-to-date net income of $5,609,639.00 for the period ending 2/28/22.
7. CLINT BLACKWELL PRESENTED THE WATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Blackwell reported an average daily treatment of 16.143 MGD for the month of March 2022 at the Etowah River Water Treatment Facility. Mr. Blackwell reported that the Hollis Q. Lathem Reservoir is currently at full pool at 1189.3 ft. Mr. Blackwell reported a cumulative rainfall total of 61.89” for the past twelve months.
8. MIKE VENTERS PRESENTED THE WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Venters reported an average daily treatment of 2.8 MGD at the Rose Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, as well as a total reuse monthly flow of 2.0 MG. Mr. Venters reported an average daily treatment of 5.3 MGD at the Fitzgerald Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, and an average daily treatment of 0.360 MGD at the Riverbend Wastewater Treatment Facility.
9. JENNIFER ARP PRESENTED THE ENVIRONMENTAL REPORT. Mrs. Arp noted that no spills or overflows occurred during this reporting period.
10. DWAYNE FOWLER PRESENTED THE CONSTRUCTION REPORT. Mr. Fowler noted that Authority crews are currently laying pipe on the Hwy. 20 project.
11. TOM HEARD PRESENTED THE GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT.
12. MOTION BY NANCY MARTIN AND SECOND BY ERIC WILMARTH TO ENTER INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSION REGARDING A REAL ESTATE ITEM. All members voted for the motion.
MOTION BY NANCY MARTIN AND SECOND BY ERIC WILMARTH TO EXIT EXECUTIVE SESSION AND RETURN TO REGULAR SESSION. All members voted for the motion.
13. IT WAS THE CONSENSUS OF THE BOARD TO TAKE NO ACTION WITH REGARD TO THE EXECUTIVE SESSION ITEM DUE TO THE FACT THAT NO QUALIFYING BIDS WERE RECEIVED. COREY GHORLEY IS AUTHORIZED TO RETURN THE EARNEST MONEY CHECK THAT WAS RECEIVED BY THE AUTHORITY.
14. MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY LISA WOODRUFF TO ADJOURN. All members voted for the motion.