Board Meeting Date: November 25, 2019 ~ 9:00 AM
PERSONS PRESENT: Gary Winchester, Eric Wilmarth, Doug Dabbs, Harry Johnston, Nancy Martin, Barry Mansell, Tom Heard, David Kubala, Garry Hensley, Tom Roach, Wesley Banks, Corey Ghorley, Beth Jones, Clint Blackwell, Brian Breeden, Mark Cochran, Mike Venters, Greg Long, Rodney Satterfield, Jennifer Arp, Joey Buice, Tim Dobson, Eric Wright, Gaye Blackwell, and Ryan Sarks.
Member Lisa Woodruff was not present.
Gary Winchester, Chair, called the meeting to order.
1. AN INVOCATION WAS GIVEN BY NANCY MARTIN, FOLLOWED BY THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
2. TOM ROACH REPORTED THAT THE AUTHORITY’S CONTRACTOR FOR TIMBER MANAGEMENT SERVICES HAS REQUESTED A CONTRACT EXTENSION AMENDMENT THAT WOULD CHANGE THE TERM OF THE CONTRACT FROM 18 MONTHS TO 30 MONTHS, WHICH WOULD ADD AN ADDITIONAL YEAR TO THE DATE OF EXPIRATION, WHICH IS CURRENTLY 12/14/19. Mr. Roach noted the reason for the contract extension is due to weather delays and workflow interruptions with our contractor.
MOTION BY BARRY MANSELL AND SECOND BY ERIC WILMARTH TO APPROVE THE CONTRACT EXTENSION AMENDMENT FOR TIMBER MANAGEMENT SERVICES THAT WOULD CHANGE THE TERM OF THE CONTRACT FROM 18 MONTHS TO 30 MONTHS. All members present voted for the motion.
3. TOM ROACH PRESENTED A PROPOSED INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT (ATTACHED) BETWEEN THE AUTHORITY AND CHEROKEE COUNTY REGARDING THE COUNTY’S EFFORTS TO RECONSTRUCT AND IMPROVE THE MILL CREEK BRIDGE CROSSING OVER UNION HILL ROAD.
MOTION BY NANCY MARTIN AND SECOND BY ERIC WILMARTH TO APPROVE THE INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE AUTHORITY AND CHEROKEE COUNTY AS PRESENTED BY AUTHORITY COUNSEL. All members present voted for the motion.
4. GARY WINCHESTER REVIEWED THE FOLLOW-UP ITEM FROM THE 10/28/19 BOARD MEETING:
1) GARRY HENSLEY NOTED THAT DWAYNE FOWLER HAD REPORTED AT LAST MONTH’S MEETING THAT THE AUTHORITY IS IN RECEIPT OF A PETITION FOR EXTENSION OF WATER MAIN FROM RESIDENTS OF FINCHER ROAD AND DEER TRACK DRIVE. Mr. Hensley noted that the installation of approximately 10,543 feet of 3” water main would be required to serve this area, at an approximate cost to the Authority of $63,258.00. Mr. Hensley noted the Authority would realize tap fees in the approximate amount of $49,000.00 from this scope of work.
Mr. Hensley noted that the Board had tabled this issue until today’s meeting in order to obtain feedback from G-DOT concerning the ability to lay pipe on the shoulder of the highway.
Mr. Hensley noted that the Authority has now received a permit from G-DOT to lay pipe on the shoulder of the highway.
MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY BARRY MANSELL TO APPROVE THE INSTALLATION OF APPROXIMATELY 10,543 FEET OF 3” WATER MAIN FOR THE FINCHER ROAD AND DEER TRACK DRIVE AREA AT AN APPROXIMATE COST TO THE AUTHORITY OF $63,258.00. All members present voted for the motion.
5. MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY BARRY MANSELL TO APPROVE THE 10/28/19 BOARD MEETING MINUTES AS PRESENTED. All members present voted for the motion.
6. BETH JONES PRESENTED THE FINANCE REPORT. Mrs. Jones reported that total operating revenues are approximately $904,019.00 above budget projections for the period ending 9/30/19. Mrs. Jones reported that total operating expenses are approximately $225,468.00 below budget projections for the same period. Mrs. Jones reported year-to-date net income of $1,732,906.00 for the period ending 9/30/19.
7. BETH JONES NOTED THAT THE ANNUAL AUDIT REPORT WOULD BE PRESENTED AT THE 12/12/19 BOARD MEETING.
8. BETH JONES REPORTED THAT THE AUTHORITY HAS BEEN AWARDED THE CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT FOR EXCELLENCE IN FINANCIAL REPORTING BY THE GOVERNMENT FINANCE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION FOR ITS COMPREHENSIVE ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT (CAFR) FOR THE FISCAL YEAR ENDED 2018.
9. CLINT BLACKWELL PRESENTED THE WATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Blackwell reported an average daily treatment of 18.829 MGD for the month of October 2019 at the Etowah River Water Treatment Facility. Mr. Blackwell reported that the Hollis Q. Lathem Reservoir is currently at full pool at 1189.2 ft. Mr. Blackwell reported a cumulative rainfall total of 73.58” for the past twelve months.
10. MIKE VENTERS PRESENTED THE WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Venters reported an average daily treatment of 2.4 MGD at the Rose Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, as well as a total reuse monthly flow of 3.9 MG. Mr. Venters reported an average daily treatment of 4.4 MGD at the Fitzgerald Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, and an average daily treatment of 0.233 MGD at the Riverbend Wastewater Treatment Facility.
11. JENNIFER ARP PRESENTED THE ENVIRONMENTAL REPORT. Mrs. Arp noted that one wastewater spill occurred on 11/3/19 at Gold Valley Pass in Bridgemill Subdivision. Mrs. Arp noted that approximately 2,000 gallons were spilled due to a pinhole in the air release valve on the force main. Mrs. Arp noted that the air release valve has now been replaced.
12. GARRY HENSLEY PRESENTED THE CONSTRUCTION REPORT IN THE ABSENCE OF DWAYNE FOWLER. Mr. Hensley noted that Authority crews are currently working on the Roberts Road line extension project.
13. TOM HEARD PRESENTED THE GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT.
14. MOTION BY DOUG DABBS AND SECOND BY ERIC WILMARTH TO APPROVE THE UPDATED 2020 CIP/FUTURE PROJECTS LISTING AS PRESENTED (ATTACHED). All members present voted for the motion.
15. MOTION BY DOUG DABBS AND SECOND BY BARRY MANSELL TO ADJOURN. All members present voted for the motion.