Board Meeting: October 31, 2022 ~4:00 P.M
PERSONS PRESENT: Gary Winchester, Eric Wilmarth, Harry Johnston, Nancy Martin, Barry Mansell, Becky Dabbs, Tom Heard, David Kubala, Dwayne Fowler, Darrell Caudill, Wesley Banks, Bryan Watkins, Beth Jones, Clint Blackwell, Greg Long, Keith Allen, Garry Hensley, Jennifer Arp, Mike Venters, Melanie Stephens, Eric Wright, Mark Cochran, Ryan Sarks, Shayne Fowler, Jeff Hooper, Joey Buice, and Sharon Clark.
Member Lisa Woodruff was not present at the meeting.
Gary Winchester, Chair, called the meeting to order.
1. AN INVOCATION WAS GIVEN BY BECKY DABBS, FOLLOWED BY THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
2. BRYAN WATKINS, IN THE ABSENCE OF COREY GHORLEY, REQUESTED APPROVAL OF GENERAL SERVICE CONTRACTS IN AN AMOUNT OF $200,000.00 EACH FOR THE FOLLOWING FIRMS: ATKINS NORTH AMERICA, BROWN & CALDWELL, HAZEN & SAWYER, ENGINEERING STRATEGIES, CROY ENGINEERING, AND FREESE & NICHOLS.
MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY NANCY MARTIN TO APPROVE GENERAL SERVICE CONTRACTS 1-6 AS LISTED ON THE AGENDA OF THE 10/31/22 BOARD MEETING IN THE AMOUNT OF $200,000.00 EACH. All members present voted for the motion.
3. BRYAN WATKINS REQUESTED APPROVAL OF CHANGE ORDER #3 (FINAL CLOSEOUT) FOR THE ODOR CONTROL AT ROSE CREEK PHASE 3 PROJECT. Mr. Watkins noted this change reflects a reduction in the contract amount of $62,725.00 that includes $50,000.00 of unused Owner’s allowance and $12,725.00 for repair of damaged equipment, as well as a change in substantial completion and final completion dates. Mr. Watkins reported an original contract amount of $1,121,430.00, and a revised contract amount of $1,047,442.25 incorporating Project Change Orders 1-3.
MOTION BY BARRY MANSELL AND SECOND BY BECKY DABBS TO APPROVE CHANGE ORDER #3 (FINAL CLOSEOUT) FOR THE ODOR CONTROL AT ROSE CREEK PHASE 3 PROJECT. All members present voted for the motion.
4. JEFF HOOPER REQUESTED APPROVAL OF EASEMENT RELINQUISHMENT FROM CCWSA TO STANLEY MARTIN HOMES FOR 5524 HICKORY FLAT HIGHWAY (MAP ATTACHED).
MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY BARRY MANSELL TO APPROVE THE EASEMENT RELINQUISHMENT FROM CCWSA TO STANLEY MARTIN HOMES FOR 5524 HICKORY FLAT HIGHWAY. All members present voted for the motion.
5. DWAYNE FOWLER REPORTED THAT THE AUTHORITY IS IN RECEIPT OF A PETITION FOR EXTENSION OF WATER MAIN FROM RESIDENTS OF SOAP CREEK ROAD AND DAMASCUS ROAD. Mr. Fowler noted that five people have signed the petition, and approval of this scope of work would require the installation of approximately 3,402 ft. of 3” PVC main. Mr. Fowler noted an estimated task cost of the line of $20,412.00, and a total purchase meter cost of $8,750.00. Mr. Fowler noted that there are eleven total properties in the extension area, and eleven total properties with road frontage. Mr. Fowler noted that these petitioners are experiencing issues with their wells.
MOTION BY NANCY MARTIN AND SECOND BY HARRY JOHNSTON TO APPROVE THE INSTALLATION OF APPROXIMATELY 3,402 FEET OF 3” WATER MAIN FOR THE SOAP CREEK ROAD/DAMASCUS ROAD AREA AT AN APPROXIMATE COST TO THE AUTHORITY OF $20,412.00. All members present voted for the motion.
6. GARY WINCHESTER NOTED THAT, AT THE 9/26/22 BOARD MEETING, THE BOARD TABLED THE REQUEST MADE BY AN AUTHORITY CUSTOMER FOR ASSISTANCE WITH UTILITY BILLINGS. MR. WINCHESTER NOTED THAT THIS ISSUE IS STILL UNDER ADVISEMENT FOR REVIEW BY THE BOARD.
7. MOTION BY BARRY MANSELL AND SECOND BY ERIC WILMARTH TO APPROVE THE 9/26/22 BOARD MEETING MINUTES AS PRESENTED. All members present voted for the motion.
8. BETH JONES PRESENTED THE FINANCE REPORT. Mrs. Jones reported that total operating revenues are approximately $6,619,688.00 above budget projections for the period ending 7/31/22. Mrs. Jones reported that total operating expenses are approximately $1,813,270.00 below budget projections for the same period. Mrs. Jones reported year-to-date net income of $14,391,875.00 for the period ending 7/31/22.
9. CLINT BLACKWELL PRESENTED THE WATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Blackwell reported an average daily treatment of 20.464 MGD for the month of September 2022 at the Etowah River Water Treatment Facility. Mr. Blackwell noted that the Hollis Q. Lathem Reservoir is currently at full pool at 1189.0 ft. Mr. Blackwell reported a cumulative rainfall total of 53.47” for the past twelve months.
10. MIKE VENTERS PRESENTED THE WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Venters reported an average daily treatment of 2.3 MGD at the Rose Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, as well as a total reuse monthly flow of 3.4 MG. Mr. Venters reported an average daily treatment of 4.8 MGD at the Fitzgerald Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, and an average daily treatment of 0.240 MGD at the Riverbend Wastewater Treatment Facility.
11. JENNIFER ARP PRESENTED THE ENVIRONMENTAL REPORT. Mrs. Arp noted that no spills or overflows occurred during this reporting period.
12. DWAYNE FOWLER PRESENTED THE CONSTRUCTION REPORT. Mr. Fowler noted that the Hwy. 20 project from Scott Road to Union Hill Road is now complete.
13. TOM HEARD PRESENTED THE GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT. MR. HEARD RECOGNIZED SHAYNE FOWLER, THE AUTHORITY’S CUSTOMER SERVICE/METER TECH MANAGER UPON THE RETIREMENT OF GAYE BLACKWELL.
14. MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY BARRY MANSELL TO ADJOURN. All members present voted for the motion.