Board Meeting: October 26, 2020 ~4:00 P.M.
PERSONS PRESENT: Gary Winchester, Eric Wilmarth, Doug Dabbs, Lisa Woodruff, Harry Johnston, Barry Mansell, Tom Heard, David Kubala, Dwayne Fowler, Tom Roach, Wesley Banks, Joey Buice, Corey Ghorley, Beth Jones, Clint Blackwell, Jamie Veley, Ryan Sarks, Jennifer Arp, Gaye Blackwell, Eric Wright, Garry Hensley, Mark Cochran, and Rodney Satterfield.
Gary Winchester, Chair, called the meeting to order.
1. AN INVOCATION WAS GIVEN BY ERIC WILMARTH, FOLLOWED BY THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
2. COREY GHORLEY REQUESTED APPROVAL OF GENERAL SERVICE CONTRACTS IN AN AMOUNT OF $200,000.00 EACH FOR THE FOLLOWING FIRMS: ATKINS NORTH AMERICA, BROWN & CALDWELL, HAZEN & SAWYER, ENGINEERING STRATEGIES, INFRATEC CONSULTING, AND FREESE & NICHOLS.
MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY DOUG DABBS TO APPROVE GENERAL SERVICE CONTRACTS 1-6 AS LISTED ON THE AGENDA OF THE 10/26/20 BOARD MEETING IN THE AMOUNT OF $200,000.00 EACH. All members present voted for the motion.
3. RYAN SARKS REQUESTED APPROVAL OF AN AMENDED GMEBS ADOPTION AGREEMENT AND GENERAL ADDENDUM FOR RETIREMENT MODIFICATIONS FOR NEW HIRES AND REHIRES. Mr. Sarks noted that these amended documents will set a minimum age of 55 in order to be eligible for the Rule of 80 and remove the Late Retirement Benefit for employees hired or rehired on or after November 1, 2020. Mr. Sarks also noted that these changes will help mitigate future pension plan expense and ensure affordability into the foreseeable future.
MOTION BY BARRY MANSELL AND SECOND BY ERIC WILMARTH TO APPROVE THE AMENDED GMEBS ADOPTION AGREEMENT AND GENERAL ADDENDUM FOR RETIREMENT MODIFICATIONS FOR NEW HIRES AND REHIRES AS OUTLINED BY MR. SARKS. All members present voted for the motion.
4. MOTION BY DOUG DABBS AND SECOND BY HARRY JOHNSTON TO APPROVE THE 9/28/20 BOARD MEETING MINUTES AS PRESENTED. All members present voted for the motion.
5. CLINT BLACKWELL PRESENTED THE WATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Blackwell reported an average daily treatment of 18.126 MGD for the month of September 2020 at the Etowah River Water Treatment Facility. Mr. Blackwell reported that the Hollis Q. Lathem Reservoir is currently at full pool at 1189.1 ft. Mr. Blackwell reported a cumulative rainfall total of 72.31” for the past twelve months.
6. JAMIE VELEY PRESENTED THE WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT IN THE ABSENCE OF MIKE VENTERS. Mr. Veley reported an average daily treatment of 2.6 MGD at the Rose Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, as well as a total reuse monthly flow of 3.5 MG. Mr. Veley reported an average daily treatment of 4.9 MGD at the Fitzgerald Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, and an average daily treatment of 0.250 MGD at the Riverbend Wastewater Treatment Facility.
7. JENNIFER ARP PRESENTED THE ENVIRONMENTAL REPORT. Mrs. Arp noted that no overflows or spills occurred during this reporting period.
8. DWAYNE FOWLER PRESENTED THE CONSTRUCTION REPORT. MR. FOWLER NOTED THAT WORK HAS BEEN COMPLETED ON THE OLD JONES ROAD LINE EXTENSION PROJECT. MR. FOWLER NOTED THAT WORK IS ON-GOING ON THE LITTLE ROAD ROADWAY IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT, AND WORK WILL BEGIN SOON ON THE EAST CHEROKEE DRIVE/SOUTH HOLLY SPRINGS ROAD INTERSECTION IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT.
9. MR. FOWLER NOTED THAT HE HAS RECEIVED NOTIFICATION THAT THE LET DATE FOR THE HWY. 20 PROJECT FROM SCOTT ROAD TO UNION HILL ROAD WILL BE APRIL 2021.
10. TOM HEARD PRESENTED THE GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT. MR. HEARD NOTED THAT THE AUTHORITY IS IN RECEIPT OF A LETTER FROM ERIC WILMARTH, CITY MANAGER OF THE CITY OF BALL GROUND, REGARDING CITY OF BALL GROUND SERVICE AREA. In this letter, Mr. Wilmarth noted that with regard to the request made by the Authority for modification of service area that was approved at the 9/28/20 CCWSA board meeting, the Ball Ground City Council voted unanimously on 10/8/20 to relinquish the seven parcels along Canton Highway and Blair Road consisting of parcels 04N03C 009A, 04N03C 009, 04N04 023, 04N04 022, 04N04 021, 04N04 020, and 04N04 018 from the City of Ball Ground service area and modify the service area map to show these parcels as being served by CCWSA.
Mr. Wilmarth requested that the City of Ball Ground be provided with a copy of the service area map once the above modifications have been made.
11. MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY BARRY MANSELL TO ADJOURN. All members present voted for the motion.