Board Meeting: November 30, 2020 ~9:00 A.M.
PERSONS PRESENT: Gary Winchester, Eric Wilmarth, Doug Dabbs, Lisa Woodruff, Harry Johnston, Nancy Martin, Barry Mansell, David Kubala, Dwayne Fowler, Tom Roach, Wesley Banks, Joey Buice, Corey Ghorley, Clint Blackwell, Beth Jones, Mike Venters, Lori Forrester, Ryan Sarks, Garry Hensley, Gaye Blackwell, Jeff Hooper, Mark Cochran, Melanie Stephens, Rodney Satterfield, Greg Long, and Eric Wright.
Gary Winchester, Chair, called the meeting to order.
1. AN INVOCATION WAS GIVEN BY GARY WINCHESTER, FOLLOWED BY THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
2. BETH JONES REPORTED THAT THE AUTHORITY HAS BEEN AWARDED THE CERTIFICATE OF ACHIEVEMENT FOR EXCELLENCE IN FINANCIAL REPORTING BY THE GOVERNMENT FINANCE OFFICERS ASSOCIATION FOR ITS COMPREHENSIVE ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT (CAFR) FOR THE FISCAL YEAR ENDED 2019.
3. DWAYNE FOWLER REFERENCED CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED FROM DAVID HATABIAN OF THE CITY OF CANTON. In this correspondence, Mr. Hatabian noted that the property at 2524 Fate Conn Road has water service from CCWSA and sewer service from the City of Canton. The property at 2514 Fate Conn Road has water and sewer service from the City of Canton. In an effort to maintain the agreed upon service delivery area, attempts were made to have the City provide water service to the 2514 Fate Conn Road property through Sage Road in Moss Pointe. However, the homeowner has had difficulty obtaining an easement from Moss Pointe for water service.
Mr. Hatabian further noted in his correspondence that, in an effort to provide water to the homeowner, the City would like to relinquish the water service at Fate Conn Road to CCWSA. CCWSA could then set a meter for the home at 2514 Fate Conn Road. The City will provide sewer service to both properties.
Therefore, the City is formally requesting that the property at 2514 Fate Conn Road be included in CCWSA’s water service delivery area (MAP ATTACHED).
MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY NANCY MARTIN TO ACCEPT PROPERTY LOCATED AT 2514 FATE CONN ROAD (TAX MAP 14N21, PARCEL 020) INTO CCWSA SERVICE AREA FOR WATER SERVICE ONLY. All members voted for the motion.
4. COREY GHORLEY REQUESTED APPROVAL OF AN INCREASE TO THE ENGINEERING BUDGET FOR THE WATER DISTRIBUTION & WASTEWATER COLLECTION SYSTEM MASTER PLAN BY FREESE & NICHOLS IN THE AMOUNT OF $45,010.00. Mr. Ghorley noted that the increase is to cover additional services for water and sewer model development and demand forecasts. Mr. Ghorley noted an original contract amount of $202,540.00, and a new contract amount of $247,550.00.
MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY DOUG DABBS TO APPROVE THE INCREASE TO THE ENGINEERING BUDGET FOR THE WATER DISTRIBUTION & WASTEWATER COLLECTION SYSTEM MASTER PLAN BY FREESE & NICHOLS IN THE AMOUNT OF $45,010.00. All members voted for the motion.
5. COREY GHORLEY REQUESTED APPROVAL OF A CONSTRUCTION BUDGET FOR THE FITZGERALD CREEK WWTP BUILD-OUT TO 11.75 MGD IN THE AMOUNT OF $42,600,000.00. Mr. Ghorley noted that this project is listed as Item #6 under Construction Expansion/Upgrade on the Authority’s current CIP listing. Mr. Ghorley noted a total original estimated cost of $35,000,000.00.
MOTION BY BARRY MANSELL AND SECOND BY ERIC WILMARTH TO APPROVE THE CONSTRUCTION BUDGET FOR THE FITZGERALD CREEK WWTP BUILD-OUT TO 11.75 MGD IN THE AMOUNT OF $42,600,000.00. All members voted for the motion.
6. MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY LISA WOODRUFF TO APPROVE THE UPDATED 2021 CIP/FUTURE PROJECTS LISTING AS PRESENTED (ATTACHED). All members voted for the motion.
7. MOTION BY HARRY JOHNSTON AND SECOND BY DOUG DABBS TO APPROVE THE 10/26/20 BOARD MEETING MINUTES AS PRESENTED. All members voted for the motion.
8. BETH JONES PRESENTED THE FINANCE REPORT. Mrs. Jones reported that total operating revenues are approximately $97,908.00 above budget projections for the period ending 9/30/20. Mrs. Jones reported that total operating expenses are approximately $230,049.00 below budget projections for the same period. Mrs. Jones reported year-to-date net income of $985,265.00 for the period ending 9/30/20.
9. CLINT BLACKWELL PRESENTED THE WATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Blackwell reported an average daily treatment of 16.718 MGD for the month of October 2020 at the Etowah River Water Treatment Facility. Mr. Blackwell reported that the Hollis Q. Lathem Reservoir is currently at full pool at 1189.3 ft. Mr. Blackwell reported a cumulative rainfall total of 71.82” for the past twelve months.
10. MIKE VENTERS PRESENTED THE WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Venters reported an average daily treatment of 2.6 MGD at the Rose Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, as well as a total reuse monthly flow of 1.0 MG. Mr. Venters reported an average daily treatment of 4.9 MGD at the Fitzgerald Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, and an average daily treatment of 0.270 MGD at the Riverbend Wastewater Treatment Facility.
11. LORI FORRESTER PRESENTED THE ENVIRONMENTAL REPORT IN THE ABSENCE OF JENNIFER ARP. Mrs. Forrester noted that no spills or overflows occurred during this reporting period.
12. DWAYNE FOWLER PRESENTED THE CONSTRUCTION REPORT. MR. FOWLER NOTED THAT THE LITTLE ROAD ROADWAY IMPROVEMENTS PROJECT IS NOW COMPLETE.
13. THERE WAS NO GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT IN THE ABSENCE OF TOM HEARD.
14. MOTION BY BARRY MANSELL AND SECOND BY DOUG DABBS TO ADJOURN. All members voted for the motion.