Board Agenda Meeting: March 26, 2020 ~3:00 P.M.
Note: The regularly scheduled Board Meeting for 3/30/20 has been cancelled due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. The Board will only conduct the Board Agenda Meeting this month, with no voting occurring.
PERSONS ATTENDING TELECONFERENCE: Gary Winchester, Eric Wilmarth, Doug Dabbs, Lisa Woodruff, Harry Johnston, Nancy Martin, Barry Mansell, Tom Heard, David Kubala, Dwayne Fowler, Tom Roach, Wesley Banks, Joey Buice, Mike Venters, Beth Jones, Melanie Stephens, Garry Hensley, Jennifer Arp, Rodney Satterfield, Gaye Blackwell, Corey Ghorley, Greg Long, Ryan Sarks, Jeff Hooper, Mark Cochran, Clint Blackwell, Brian Breeden, and Eric Wright.
1. AN INVOCATION WAS GIVEN BY GARY WINCHESTER.
2. THE BOARD REVIEWED THE MINUTES FROM THE 2/24/20 BOARD MEETING AND FOUND NO CORRECTIONS TO BE MADE.
3. BETH JONES PRESENTED THE FINANCIAL REPORT. Mrs. Jones reported that total operating revenues are approximately $2,400,488.00 above budget projections for the period ending 1/31/20. Mrs. Jones reported that total operating expenses are approximately $210,207.00 below budget projections for the same period. Mrs. Jones reported year-to-date net income of $5,602,435.00 for the period ending 1/31/20.
4. BETH JONES PROVIDED A SYNOPSIS OF THE CURRENT BOND MARKET AND SAVINGS LEVELS FOR THE AUTHORITY’S PROPOSED REFUNDINGS. Mrs. Jones noted that staff is currently working on the preliminary official statement in the hope that the market stabilizes soon from the COVID-19 crisis in order for the Authority to move forward with the refunding at some point in the next few months.
The Board noted that they would like to receive an update each month from Bryce Holcomb of Citi so that the Board may determine at what point to proceed with the refunding or postpone further.
5. CLINT BLACKWELL PRESENTED THE WATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Blackwell reported an average daily flow of 14.551 MGD for the month of February 2020 at the Etowah River Water Treatment Facility. Mr. Blackwell reported that the Hollis Q. Lathem Reservoir is currently at full pool at 1189.3 ft. Mr. Blackwell reported a cumulative rainfall total of 63.48” for the past twelve months.
6. MR. BLACKWELL NOTED THAT THE AUTHORITY IS CURRENTLY STOCKPILING BULK MATERIALS DUE TO THE ONGOING COVID-19 CRISIS. Mr. Blackwell noted that the plant currently has approximately 45 days of chemicals on hand.
7. MIKE VENTERS PRESENTED THE WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Venters reported an average daily treatment of 4.0 MGD at the Rose Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, as well as a total reuse monthly flow of 1.6 MG. Mr. Venters reported an average daily treatment of 5.6 MGD at the Fitzgerald Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, and an average daily treatment of 0.470 MGD at the Riverbend Wastewater Treatment Facility.
8. JENNIFER ARP PRESENTED THE ENVIRONMENTAL REPORT. Mrs. Arp r