Board Meeting: December 12, 2022 ~4:00 P.M
PERSONS PRESENT: Gary Winchester, Eric Wilmarth, Lisa Woodruff, Harry Johnston, Nancy Martin, Barry Mansell, Becky Dabbs, Tom Heard, David Kubala, Dwayne Fowler, Tom Roach, Wesley Banks, Corey Ghorley, Beth Jones, Clint Blackwell, Jennifer Arp, Joey Buice, Keith Allen, Bryan Watkins, Mark Cochran, Shayne Fowler, Melissa Darvish, Melanie Stephens, Eric Wright, Ryan Sarks, Sharon Clark, Jeff Hooper, and Clay Pilgrim.
Gary Winchester, Chair, called the meeting to order.
1. AN INVOCATION WAS GIVEN BY HARRY JOHNSTON, FOLLOWED BY THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
2. CLAY PILGRIM OF RUSHTON, LLC PRESENTED THE ANNUAL COMPREHENSIVE FINANCIAL REPORT (ACFR) FOR FISCAL YEAR 2022. Mr. Pilgrim reported that the audit was a clean audit according to governmental accounting standards. Mr. Pilgrim also noted that the Authority had successfully met its bond coverage requirements for the fiscal year ending 8/31/22.
MOTION BY NANCY MARTIN AND SECOND BY HARRY JOHNSTON TO APPROVE AND ACCEPT THE FY 2022 ANNUAL COMPREHENSIVE FINANCIAL REPORT (ACFR) AS PRESENTED. All members voted for the motion.
3. MOTION BY BARRY MANSELL AND SECOND BY ERIC WILMARTH TO APPROVE THE 11/28/22 BOARD MEETING MINUTES AS PRESENTED. All members voted for the motion.
4. THERE WAS NO FINANCE REPORT PRESENTED THIS MONTH DUE TO THE PRESENTMENT OF THE FY 2022 ANNUAL COMPREHENSIVE FINANCIAL REPORT (ACFR) EARLIER IN THE MEETING.
5. CLINT BLACKWELL PRESENTED THE WATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Blackwell reported an average daily treatment of 17.946 MGD for the month of November 2022 at the Etowah River Water Treatment Facility. Mr. Blackwell reported that the Hollis Q. Lathem Reservoir is at full pool at 1189.3 ft. Mr. Blackwell reported a cumulative rainfall total of 54.20” for the past twelve months.
6. TOM HEARD PRESENTED THE WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT IN THE ABSENCE OF MIKE VENTERS. Mr. Heard reported an average daily treatment of 2.7 MGD at the Rose Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, as well as a total reuse monthly flow of 2.6 MG. Mr. Heard reported an average daily treatment of 4.7 MGD at the Fitzgerald Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, and an average daily treatment of 0.240 MGD at the Riverbend Wastewater Treatment Facility.
7. JENNIFER ARP PRESENTED THE ENVIRONMENTAL REPORT. Mrs. Arp stated that no spills or overflows occurred during this reporting period.
8. DWAYNE FOWLER PRESENTED THE CONSTRUCTION REPORT.
9. TOM HEARD PRESENTED THE GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT.
10. MOTION BY BARRY MANSELL AND SECOND BY NANCY MARTIN TO APPROVE THE 2023 BOARD MEETING CALENDAR AS PRESENTED. All members voted for the motion.
11. MOTION BY BARRY MANSELL AND SECOND BY ERIC WILMARTH TO ENTER INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSION REGARDING A REAL ESTATE ITEM AND PENDING OR POTENTIAL LITIGATION. All members voted for the motion.
MOTION BY BARRY MANSELL AND SECOND BY ERIC WILMARTH TO EXIT EXECUTIVE SESSION AND RETURN TO REGULAR SESSION. All members voted for the motion.
12. MOTION BY LISA WOODRUFF AND SECOND BY BECKY DABBS TO ADJOURN. All members voted for the motion.