Board Meeting Date: June 25, 2012 ~ 4:00 P.M.
PERSONS PRESENT: Nancy Martin, Buzz Ahrens, Steven Woodruff, Eric Wilmarth, Chris Wilbanks, Mike Byrd, Tom Heard, David Kubala, Bill Graham, Rick Dobbs, Darrell Caudill, Wesley Banks, Ryan Sarks, Beth Williams, Clint Blackwell, Dwayne Fowler, Dan Carson, Randy Mitchell, Mike Venters, Ron Banks, Craig Ferguson, Richard Grimsley, and Newt Strickland.
Nancy Martin, Chair, called the meeting to order.
1. AN INVOCATION WAS GIVEN BY STEVEN WOODRUFF, FOLLOWED BY THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
2. RICK DOBBS PRESENTED A REQUEST FROM GREYSTONE INDUSTRIAL PARK FOR CCWSA PARTICIPATION IN RUNNING A WATER LINE DOWN ROPE MILL ROAD. Mr. Dobbs noted that, according to policy, the Authority could participate on a 50/50 basis in the proposed total cost of $181,606.00 for this project. Therefore, the cost to the Authority would be approximately $90,803.00.
MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY BUZZ AHRENS TO APPROVE THE REQUEST OF GREYSTONE INDUSTRIAL PARK FOR AUTHORITY PARTICIPATION IN THE COST OF RUNNING A WATER LINE DOWN ROPE MILL ROAD. THE AUTHORITY WILL PARTICIPATE ON A 50/50 BASIS IN THE PROPOSED TOTAL COST OF $181,606.00. THEREFORE, THE MAXIMUM COST TO THE AUTHORITY WOULD BE $90,803.00. APPROVAL OF THIS PARTICIPATION REQUEST IS CONTINGENT UPON THE PROJECT BEING COMPLETED WITHIN ONE YEAR. All members present voted for the motion.
3. DAN CARSON REQUESTED APPROVAL OF THE CLOSE-OUT AMOUNT OF $767,216.81 FOR THE ETOWAH RIVER WTP DREDGING PROJECT. Mr. Carson noted an original contract amount of $900,000.00. Therefore, the project is being closed at $132,783.19 under budget.
MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY STEVEN WOODRUFF TO APPROVE THE CLOSE-OUT AMOUNT OF $767,216.81 FOR THE ETOWAH RIVER WTP DREDGING PROJECT. All members present voted for the motion.
4. DWAYNE FOWLER REQUESTED THAT, IN ORDER TO UPGRADE THE RIVERCHASE LINE, THE AUTHORITY PURCHASE LOT 233 IN RIVERCHASE SUBDIVISION FROM BFP HOLDINGS, LLC, IN THE AMOUNT OF $800.00, IN EXCHANGE FOR THE AUTHORITY’S RELINQUISHMENT OF EASEMENTS FOR LOTS 16 AND 17 IN RIVER OAKS SUBDIVISION.
MOTION BY STEVEN WOODRUFF AND SECOND BY MIKE BYRD TO APPROVE THIS REQUEST. All members present voted for the motion.
5. DWAYNE FOWLER REQUESTED THAT THE AUTHORITY RELINQUISH OR QUIT CLAIM DEED BOOK 8828, PAGE 33, FOR THE PURPOSE OF CLEARING THE TITLE ON LOT 4 OF WILBANKS INDUSTRIAL PARK.
MOTION BY STEVEN WOODRUFF AND SECOND BY ERIC WILMARTH TO APPROVE THAT THE AUTHORITY RELINQUISH OR QUIT CLAIM DEED BOOK 8828, PAGE 33, FOR THE PURPOSE OF CLEARING THE TITLE ON LOT 4 OF WILBANKS INDUSTRIAL PARK. All members present voted for the motion.
6. DWIGHT TURNER PRESENTED LEAK ADJUSTMENT INFORMATION FOR THE PERIOD ENDING MAY 2012.
7. MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY CHRIS WILBANKS TO APPROVE THE 5/24/12 BOARD MEETING MINUTES AS PRESENTED. All members present voted for the motion.
8. BETH WILLIAMS PRESENTED THE FINANCE REPORT. Mrs. Williams reported that total operating revenues are approximately $1,189,757.00 below budget projections for the period ending 4/30/12. Mrs. Williams also noted that total operating expenses are approximately $607,925.00 below budget projections for the same period.
9. IT WAS THE CONSENSUS OF THE BOARD TO CONDUCT CCWSA AUDIT SERVICE INTERVIEWS ON THURSDAY, JULY 26, 2012. THE BOARD WILL MEET AT 12:30 P.M. ON THIS DATE, AND INTERVIEWS WILL BEGIN AT 1:00 P.M.
10. CLINT BLACKWELL PRESENTED THE WATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Blackwell reported an average daily treatment of 17.751 MGD for the month of June at the Etowah River Water Treatment Facility. Mr. Blackwell also reported that the Hollis Q. Lathem Reservoir is currently at full pool at 1189 ft. Mr. Blackwell reported a cumulative rainfall total of 45.73” for the past 12 months.
11. MIKE VENTERS PRESENTED THE WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Venters reported an average daily treatment of 2.519 MGD at the Rose Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, and an average daily treatment of 3.461 MGD at the Fitzgerald Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility.
12. BILL GRAHAM PRESENTED THE CONSTRUCTION REPORT. MR. GRAHAM REPORTED THAT AUTHORITY CREWS ARE CURRENTLY WORKING ON THE KELLOGG CREEK ROAD WATER MAIN REPLACEMENT PROJECT. Mr. Graham stated that he anticipates that this project will be completed within 3-4 months.
13. TOM HEARD PRESENTED THE GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT. MR. HEARD REPORTED THAT HE, NANCY MARTIN, AND DAVID KUBALA HAD MET WITH EPD REPRESENTATIVES LAST WEEK REGARDING THE POTENTIAL OF RAISING THE DAM AT THE RESERVOIR AND HOW THIS PROJECT WOULD TIE INTO THE CAPACITY AT THE AMERICAN PROTEINS RENDERING PLANT.
14. TOM HEARD REPORTED THAT MAYOR HOBGOOD OF THE CITY OF CANTON IS REQUESTING A MEETING BETWEEN THE CITY OF CANTON AND CCWSA IN ORDER FOR DISCUSSION TO OCCUR CONCERNING POTENTIAL CONSOLIDATION OF SYSTEMS.
IT WAS THE CONSENSUS OF THE BOARD FOR MR. HEARD TO NOTIFY MAYOR HOBGOOD THAT THE AUTHORITY WOULD BE WILLING TO MEET WITH CITY OF CANTON REPRESENTATIVES ON MONDAY, JULY 9, 2012 AT 8:00 A.M., SUBJECT TO APPROVAL BY THE CITY OF CANTON.
15. MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY MIKE BYRD TO ADJOURN. All members present voted for the motion.