Board Meeting Date: January 30, 2017 ~ 9:00 AM
PERSONS PRESENT: Mike Byrd, Gary Winchester, Steven Woodruff, Chris Wilbanks, Buzz Ahrens, Robert Morrison, Doug Dabbs, Tom Heard, David Kubala, Rick Dobbs, Dwayne Fowler, Tom Roach, Wesley Banks, Corey Ghorley, Beth Jones, Clint Blackwell, Mark Cochran, Mike Venters, Jeff Hooper, Randy Mitchell, Dwight Turner, Ryan Sarks, Garry Hensley, and Charlie Barnes.
Mike Byrd, Chair, called the meeting to order.
1. AN INVOCATION WAS GIVEN BY STEVEN WOODRUFF, FOLLOWED BY THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
2. DWAYNE FOWLER REFERENCED CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED FROM THOMAS BRADBURY OF BFP FARMS, LLC. In this correspondence, Mr. Bradbury referenced the following property:
BFP Farms, LLC
168.49 acres +/-
Located in Land Lots 730, 731, 783, 784, 801, 802, 855 and 856
2nd District, 2nd Section, Cherokee County, Georgia (MAP ATTACHED)
In this correspondence, Mr. Bradbury requested the installation of a sewerage lift pump and a force main extended to the existing sanitary sewer system on Arnold Mill Road.
Dwayne Fowler noted this is the first reading of this issue.
3. COREY GHORLEY REQUESTED APPROVAL OF THE LOW BID OF RDJE, INC. IN THE AMOUNT OF $521,750.00 FOR THE CCWSA-2016-012-EARNEY ROAD UTILITY RELOCATION PROJECT. Mr. Ghorley reported a budgeted amount of $744,650.00 for this scope of work.
Mr. Ghorley noted that seven bids had been received for this scope of work.
MOTION BY GARY WINCHESTER AND SECOND BY ROBERT MORRISON TO APPROVE THE LOW BID OF RDJE, INC. IN THE AMOUNT OF $521,750.00 FOR THE CCWSA-2016-012-EARNEY ROAD UTILITY RELOCATION PROJECT. All members voted for the motion.
4. COREY GHORLEY REQUESTED APPROVAL OF THE LOW BID OF LAKESHORE ENGINEERING IN THE AMOUNT OF $689,027.00 FOR THE CCWSA-2016-004-ROSE CREEK ODOR CONTROL SCREEN ROOM (PHASE 2) PROJECT. Mr. Ghorley reported an estimated cost of $750,000.00 for this scope of work that was approved on the Authority’s FY 2017 CIP listing. Mr. Ghorley noted that five bids had been received for this scope of work.
MOTION BY CHRIS WILBANKS AND SECOND BY DOUG DABBS TO APPROVE THE LOW BID OF LAKESHORE ENGINEERING IN THE AMOUNT OF $689,027.00 FOR THE CCWSA-2016-004-ROSE CREEK ODOR CONTROL SCREEN ROOM (PHASE 2) PROJECT. All members voted for the motion.
5. MOTION BY GARY WINCHESTER AND SECOND BY CHRIS WILBANKS TO APPROVE THE 12/15/16 BOARD MEETING MINUTES AS PRESENTED. All members voted for the motion.
6. BETH JONES PRESENTED THE FINANCIAL REPORT. Mrs. Jones reported that total operating revenues are approximately $1,524,363.00 above budget projections for the period ending 11/30/16. Mrs. Jones reported that total operating expenses are approximately $533,022.00 below budget projections for the same period. Mrs. Jones reported year-to-date net income of $3,440,413.00 for the period ending 11/30/16.
7. CLINT BLACKWELL PRESENTED THE WATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Blackwell reported an average daily treatment of 14.015 MGD for the month of December 2016 at the Etowah River Water Treatment Facility. Mr. Blackwell reported the Hollis Q. Lathem Reservoir is currently at 1186.8 ft. and reported a cumulative rainfall total of 38.15” for the past 12 months.
8. MIKE VENTERS PRESENTED THE WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Venters reported an average daily treatment of 2.1 MGD at the Rose Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, and a total reuse monthly flow of 2.2 MG. Mr. Venters reported an average daily treatment of 4.2 MGD at the Fitzgerald Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, and an average daily treatment of 0.0 GPD at the Riverbend Wastewater Treatment Facility.
9. MIKE VENTERS REPORTED THAT A WASTEWATER SPILL OCCURRED ON 12/28/16 AT 238 HAMPTON STATION BOULEVARD IN CANTON. Mr. Venters noted that the cause of the spill was debris blocking the sewer line, which caused wastewater to overflow the manhole. Authority crews jetted the line and cleared the blockage. The estimated volume spilled and reported was 3,300 gallons.
10. DWAYNE FOWLER PRESENTED THE CONSTRUCTION REPORT. MR. FOWLER NOTED THAT AUTHORITY CREWS HAVE COMPLETED PHASE ONE OF THE MOHAWK TRAIL WATER LINE REPLACEMENT PROJECT, AND ARE BEGINNING WORK ON PHASE TWO OF THE PROJECT.
11. DWAYNE FOWLER REPORTED THAT A MANHOLE HAD CAVED IN ON THE GRAVITY LINE BEHIND THE CHEROKEE COUNTY AQUATIC CENTER. Mr. Fowler noted that Authority crews have temporarily corrected the problem, and a permanent replacement is in process.
12. TOM HEARD PRESENTED THE GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT. MR. HEARD REFERENCED CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED FROM ROBERT LOGAN, CITY MANAGER OF THE CITY OF HOLLY SPRINGS.
In this correspondence, Mr. Logan noted that he has enclosed a petition for annexation form and a map amendment (rezoning) request form for property owned by the CCWSA at 4460 Holly Springs Parkway between Home Depot and I-575. This property, 15N15-054A, consists of .80 acres of land and is used as a sewer lift station by CCWSA. The subject property is surrounded by the corporate limits of the City of Holly Springs.
Mr. Logan further noted in this correspondence that, in order to remove the unincorporated island from the City of Holly Springs zoning map, the City hereby requests the Authority Board to grant Tom Heard the authority to execute the enclosed documents and submit them to Nancy Moon, Community Development Director of the City of Holly Springs. The City of Holly Springs will not assess any fees for the annexation and rezoning of the subject property. Since CCWSA is a quasi-governmental entity, the annexation will not result in any taxes or fees imposed by the City of Holly Springs. Mr. Logan noted that the sole purpose of the annexation request is to eliminate the island.
MOTION BY STEVEN WOODRUFF AND SECOND BY DOUG DABBS TO APPROVE THE ANNEXATION REQUEST OF THE CITY OF HOLLY SPRINGS. All members voted for the motion.
13. MOTION BY CHRIS WILBANKS AND SECOND BY STEVEN WOODRUFF TO ADJOURN. All members voted for the motion.