Board Meeting Date: August 27, 2018 ~ 4:00 PM
PERSONS PRESENT: Mike Byrd, Gary Winchester, Doug Dabbs, Buzz Ahrens, Robert Morrison, Lisa Woodruff, Eric Wilmarth, Tom Heard, Dwayne Fowler, Rick Dobbs, Tom Roach, Wesley Banks, Corey Ghorley, Beth Jones, Brian Breeden, Mark Cochran, Jeff Hooper, Mike Venters, Clint Blackwell, Jennifer Arp, Greg Long, Garry Hensley, Joey Buice, Gaye Blackwell, Ryan Sarks, Eric Wright, Melanie Stephens, Rodney Satterfield, Tim Dobson, and Emily Lemcke.
Mike Byrd, Chair, called the meeting to order.
1. AN INVOCATION WAS GIVEN BY ERIC WILMARTH, FOLLOWED BY THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
2. RYAN SARKS PRESENTED A RESTATEMENT OF THE GMEBS OPEB TRUST FUND RESOLUTION AND PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT TO REPLACE THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENT APPROVED BY THE BOARD AT THE 8/31/09 MEETING. Mr. Sarks explained that the restatement encompasses updated language as well as the ability to receive discounted actuarial services through GMEBS from the same actuary that performs the GMEBS Pension Trust Fund valuation each year, which is currently Segal Consulting.
MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY DOUG DABBS TO APPROVE THE RESTATEMENT OF THE GMEBS OPEB TRUST FUND RESOLUTION AND PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT AS PRESENTED. All members voted for the motion.
3. DWAYNE FOWLER NOTED THAT THE AUTHORITY IS IN RECEIPT OF A PETITION FOR AN ADDITIONAL EXTENSION OF WATER SERVICE FROM NINE RESIDENTS OF NATIONS DRIVE. Mr. Fowler noted that this would be a water line extension of approximately 3000 feet of 2 ½” water main.
MOTION BY BUZZ AHRENS AND SECOND BY ERIC WILMARTH TO APPROVE THE ADDITIONAL EXTENSION OF APPROXIMATELY 3000 FEET OF 2 ½” WATER MAIN AT NATIONS DRIVE. All members voted for the motion.
4. DWAYNE FOWLER REQUESTED THAT THE BOARD SET A CONSTRUCTION BUDGET IN THE AMOUNT OF $150,000.00 FOR THE EAST CHEROKEE DRIVE @ TRIPP ROAD INTERSECTION IMPROVEMENT PROJECT. Mr. Fowler noted that this project is listed on the Authority’s CIP list at an estimated cost of $430,000.00.
MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY GARY WINCHESTER TO APPROVE THE CONSTRUCTION BUDGET IN THE AMOUNT OF $150,000.00 FOR THE EAST CHEROKEE DRIVE @ TRIPP ROAD INTERSECTION IMPROVEMENT PROJECT. All members voted for the motion.
5. MOTION BY GARY WINCHESTER AND SECOND BY DOUG DABBS TO APPROVE THE INTERGOVERNMENTAL AGREEMENT (ATTACHED) BETWEEN CCWSA AND CHEROKEE COUNTY CONCERNING THE COUNTY-OWNED PROPERTY NEXT TO THE BELMONT DOWNS PARCEL, AS WELL AS THE LIMITED WARRANTY DEED, UTILITY EASEMENT, AND QUIT CLAIM DEED AS OUTLINED BY AUTHORITY COUNSEL. All members voted for the motion.
6. MIKE BYRD REVIEWED THE FOLLOW-UP ITEMS FROM THE 7/30/18 BOARD MEETING:
1) DWAYNE FOWLER REPORTED THAT, AT LAST MONTH’S MEETING, THE BOARD TABLED A REQUEST FROM JOHN LOYD OF CRESTLINE ENGINEERING FOR A LIFT STATION TO SERVE WILEY BRIDGE TRACTS. In the correspondence received from Mr. Loyd that was first read at the 6/25/18 meeting, Mr. Loyd noted that Crestline Engineering is currently installing a gravity main on Hwy. 92 and would like to tie into it with their next phase, but this phase will require the installation of a lift station due to topography. Mr. Loyd noted that a portion of this site is in Cobb County and will gravity to the lift station as shown in the attached maps (ATTACHED).
MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY LISA WOODRUFF TO TABLE THIS ISSUE UNTIL THE DECEMBER 2018 BOARD MEETING. All members voted for the motion.
2) DWAYNE FOWLER REPORTED THAT HE HAD PRESENTED A REQUEST AT LAST MONTH’S MEETING FROM DAVID WHITE OF CIVILOGISTIX ENGINEERING FOR A LIFT STATION TO SERVE LITTLE RIDGE SUBDIVISION (MAPS ATTACHED). Mr. Fowler noted this is a single-family residential development.
MOTION BY DOUG DABBS AND SECOND BY GARY WINCHESTER TO APPROVE THE REQUEST OF DAVID WHITE OF CIVILOGISTIX ENGINEERING FOR A LIFT STATION TO SERVE LITTLE RIDGE SUBDIVISION. All members voted for the motion.
7. MOTION BY GARY WINCHESTER AND SECOND BY LISA WOODRUFF TO THE APPROVE THE 7/30/18 BOARD MEETING MINUTES AS PRESENTED. Members Winchester, Woodruff, Wilmarth, Dabbs, and Morrison voted for the motion. Member Ahrens abstained from voting. Motion passed.
8. BETH JONES PRESENTED THE FINANCE REPORT. Mrs. Jones reported that total operating revenues are approximately $533,839.00 above budget projections for the period ending 6/30/18. Mrs. Jones reported that total operating expenses are approximately $1,253,866.00 below budget projections for the same period. Mrs. Jones reported year-to-date net income of $8,155,397.00 for the period ending 6/30/18.
9. MOTION BY ERIC WILMARTH AND SECOND BY GARY WINCHESTER TO APPROVE THE PROPOSED BUDGET FOR FISCAL YEAR 2019 (ATTACHED) AS PRESENTED. All members voted for the motion.
10. CLINT BLACKWELL PRESENTED THE WATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Blackwell reported an average daily treatment of 19.154 MGD for the month of July 2018 at the Etowah River Water Treatment Facility. Mr. Blackwell also reported that the Hollis Q. Lathem Reservoir is currently at full pool at 1189.2 ft. Mr. Blackwell reported a cumulative rainfall total of 59.03” for the past twelve months.
11. MIKE VENTERS PRESENTED THE WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATIONS REPORT. Mr. Venters reported an average daily treatment of 2.5 MGD at the Rose Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, as well as a total reuse monthly flow of 4.0 MG. Mr. Venters reported an average daily treatment of 3.8 MGD at the Fitzgerald Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility, and an average daily treatment of 0.0 GPD at the Riverbend Wastewater Treatment Facility.
12. JENNIFER ARP PRESENTED THE ENVIRONMENTAL REPORT. Mrs. Arp reported no overflows or spills occurred during this reporting period.
13. DWAYNE FOWLER PRESENTED THE CONSTRUCTION REPORT. MR. FOWLER NOTED THAT THE LAST CUT OF THE SHOAL CREEK TIMBER PROJECT WOULD BE BID ON 9/5/18.
14. TOM HEARD PRESENTED THE GENERAL MANAGER’S REPORT.
15. TOM HEARD RECOGNIZED FORMER BOARD MEMBER EMILY LEMCKE AS BEING IN ATTENDANCE.
16. MOTION BY DOUG DABBS AND SECOND BY LISA WOODRUFF TO ADJOURN. All members voted for the motion.