CCWSA is governed by a seven person board of directors. The service area of CCWSA is divided into districts and the Board members represent the district for which they are selected. Board members must be a customer of CCWSA. Six of the seven board members are chosen by vote of the Grand Jury of Cherokee County. These directors serve four year terms and there is a term limit of two consecutive terms (8 years). The seventh board member is the Chairman of the Cherokee County Commissioners.
Candidates for consideration as Board members make application directly to the Grand Jury. The Grand Jury bases its decision on the resumes of and interviews with the candidates. The CCWSA board of Directors makes decisions about water and sanitary sewer services for it’s customers based on need and economic viability.
Mike Byrd … Chair, Post Four
- Sales Associate, Berkshire Hathaway Home Services
- Member of Board of Directors of Cherokee County Boys & Girls Club
Gary Winchester … Vice Chair, At Large
- Advisory Systems Engineer for EMC Corporation
- Board Member of Towne Lake Residential Owners Association
Steven Woodruff … Secretary, Post Two
- President, CEO, Co-owner of Woodruff & Howe Environmental Engineering (WHEE), Inc.
- Board Member of Metropolitan North Georgia Water Planning District
- Board Member & Executive Committee Member of Georgia Agribusiness Council (GAC)
Robert Morrison … Post Three
- First Vice president, Davenport & Company, LLC
- Board Member of Upper Etowah River Alliance
- Board Member of Cherokee County Resource Recovery Development Authority
Doug Dabbs … City Representative
- Sales Executive; United Country Talking Rock Realty
Chris Wilbanks … Post One
- President & Co-owner of NJ Wilbanks Contractor, Inc.
- Vice-President& Co-owner of KC Equipment, Inc.
- Member of Board of Directors for Cherokee County Training Center
Buzz Ahrens … Cherokee County Commission Chairman
- Chairman, Cherokee County Board of Commissioners
- Retired from Rubbermaid, Inc. as Senior Vice-President, International
- Vice Chair, Cherokee County Board of Health
- Board Member of ARC (Atlanta Regional Commission)
- Board Member, Metro North Georgia Water Planning District
- Chairman; Arts, Culture, & Creative Industries Advisory Committee
- Chairman, Association of County Commissioners Georgia, Pension Board of Trustees
- Board Member, Association County Commissioners Georgia, Board of Managers